Un'ossessione per il denaro sembra aver colmato il vuoto di values \u200b\u200bresulted from the revolution of 1989. In metrolitana observe men who count small bunches of notes. Everywhere I take snippets of conversations in which pitted figures and prices. Even the campaign for the European sees one of the historical parties, GNP, coined a slogan that disturbs my modesty petty bourgeois, "Bani pentru Roma Ani. Europen Bani "(money for Romanian, European money) read the posters alluding to European structural funds.
understand this obsession for the 'bani' (pronounced 'bath', the 'i' is the final set), literally the villages of leu, practically the term commonly used to indicate the money. I understand going to the market or supermarket, comparing prices similar to Italian and trying to imagine the effort to make ends meet with salaries that are the third-fourth part of our.
primary passion for the idol of idols, which in hindsight more than a passion is a necessity, is the main reason so many Romanians to leave familiar smells and tastes to try his luck in Italy.
Alin, my colleague, was clear. He returned less than one year Roma and has plans to start in September. I asked him why, given that in Italy, he graduated, most likely will continue to be a carpenter. He said bluntly: "earning € 350 a month and I pay 200 for the room in which I live with my wife!" And Alin's salary is not among the lowest.
Even for those who have returned after a nest egg put aside, life is not easy: Cristian, fifties, has lived seven years in the Veneto. After returning, he opened a small construction company that is struggling to find good jobs, however, given the political patronage system that reigns here.
Non tutti partono spinti da esigenze economiche. Ramona sta per andare a Roma per il matrimonio di sua sorella e Rosario, calabrese. Entrambi informatici, si sono incontrati anni fa durante un corso di formazione.
Di solito le esperienze che i rumeni si portano indietro dall'Italia sono positive. Tutti parlano di una buona accoglienza, di buone condizioni di vita e di persone disponibili e con cui hanno stretto legami. Solo in un caso, parlando con Dominique, la cui mamma fa la badante vicino Piacenza, ho sentito tristezza nei silenzi tra le parole. Ma la storia di Dominique parla di altro, non della vita di chi parte ma del dramma di chi resta, che accomuna una generazione di giovani rumeni: Diana, ad esempio, ha 17 anni e vive sola con i nonni in un paesino vicino Focşani mentre i genitori lavorano alle porte di Milano; la sua amica Oana ne venti, il padre e i fratelli a Roma e qui in Romania solo sua madre.
I viaggi che dalla Romania portano nelle città italiane scaturiscono dall'impellenza reale e stringente di far fronte alla vita di tutti i giorni, di pagare affitto e bollette, anche se poi il bisogno si tinged desiseri, hopes, dreams, linguistic affinities and heart. I look at counting piles of notes faded and I think the stories that tell us, if only they could talk.
0 comments:
Post a Comment