I was born in '68 as the Dacia (cars produced in Romania under communism, ed.) That of Dacia is the story of people who lived in my building. It il simbolo del progresso e della libertà: si è costruita per 37 anni e ogni anno usciva un nuovo modello praticamente identico al precedente. Mi sembra una metafora efficace per la società che non cambia, anche se la gente prova sempre un nuovo modello.
Ş tefan Constantinescu, artista rumeno che vive tra Stoccolma e Bucarest, è stato scelto per rappresentare la Romania alla Biennale di Venezia. Due le opere esposte in laguna fino al 22 novembre: i video 'Troleibuzul 92' e 'Passagen'. Lo incontriamo in uno dei caffè storici della capitale rumena, il Caru cu Bere, dove ci mostra uno dei suoi ultimi lavori, 'The Golden Age for children', un libro pop-up which goes through pictures, captions and curiosity of the Ceausescu era, which " party members called the golden age .
It focuses on the image of a building to pieces and tells a story:
That earthquake in Bucharest is a tragi-comic story. In this building, on the ground floor, there was a store of Dacia. To make room for a car, they had removed a pillar. When there was an earthquake in 1977, the building collapsed and 1,578 people have died.
Did you take part the revolution of 1989?
During the revolution I was working for the government in a graphic design studio for propaganda. It was the only way to work with art. On the night of December 20 they called me to build two billboards. In the first perioso have been more active and I thought one of the most beautiful moments of my life, but then, thinking it was all a manipulation ...
In your book come together personal memories and historical reconstructions. We explain this choice of style?
I think the artist's role is to tell the stories he knows. Do not invent anything, the reality gives already so much in itself. And when you talk about your personal history, the stories are not just yours, but those of your generation.
Why are you emigrated to Sweden?
My father lived in Sweden since 88, my mother and my brother from '90. I wanted to stay in Romania, but after three years of university, I realized that I would have no chance here as an artist, drinking vodka and only ever talking about politics in the cafes. It in Sweden that I learned to make films and video.
What do you think intolerance towards Romanians in Italy?
do not know the subject well, but immigration, alien, on the other are always downloaded the faults. Not only in Italy. I am a stranger myself. The Romanian Ministry of Culture did not want you to Venice Troleibuzul 92 because my video depicts a man on the bus talking on the phone with his girlfriend and tells her a bitch, there are between 20 minutes and I'll kill you, tell me who he was speaking, tell me (initially in the video the girl's phone is busy, ed.) He calls it 4 times. It 'an act obsessive, hard and mechanical. They did not want to take him to Venice because the reputation of Romanians in Italy is not good and are investing so much money to change it. But in reality it is a situation that could have happened anywhere. Women are discharged on the faults as migration, even in Sweden, where half of the Parliament are women.
plans for the future?
Another pop-up book and a work composed of seven short films that revolve around many pairs. Will probably be called '7 Steps To Heaven '.
0 comments:
Post a Comment