Sunday, February 20, 2011

Where Does The Mucus Come From When You Ovulate

OBI-WAN aNobii


A bit 'of nights ago my brother, what makes the writer (in fact, makes pharmaceutical research and writing in his spare time even if he'd like to do the opposite) introduced me aNobii.

And what aNobii? The question is legitimate. The more educated you will know that aNobii is derived from the Latin name ( Anobium punctatum) of the worm that, the terror of all libraries in the world, feeding on paper and wood, causing the sympathetic impallinatura, the effect of his banquet is in fact similar to that caused by a shotgun loaded with shot cartridges, wooden shelves and the books therein.

Now that's not really my brother and I we did not have other things to do in the evenings to talk about worms and paper, is that in reality aNobii is the name of a website on the books.

Back home I downloaded the application for my iPhone, I created my account on the site and started fiddling with the potential that the site offers.

was so that a site does not surprise me because they are so welcome and deeply caring, I am writing this post to share my impressions and what I found with you all. Among other things, is one of the few things that I discovered the internet and this thing before Luca per me non ha prezzo... Ma queste sono cose personali. Non divaghiamo.

Dicevamo... cosa è anobii? Anobii si potrebbe definire come una sorta di social network per lettori di libri. Si può creare un proprio profilo proprio come su facebook e inserire i propri libri e di quelli già letti scrivere delle proprie valutazioni e/o recensioni. Posso rendere la mia libreria pubblica e condividerla così con tutti o solo con i miei amici. Tra l'altro il sito supporta piena connettività con il social network per eccellenza: facebook (fb). Così con pochi click posso conoscere quanti dei miei amici su fb utilizzano anobii e richiedere la loro amicizia, invitare amici su fb a iscriversi ad anobii, o pubblicare le mie recensioni aNobii also up on my FB profile.

To put my paper books in the library's virtual aNobii, there are two roads. Most geeks can do a search on the powerful search engine of the site by typing the title of the book wishing to enter or rather its ISBN (International Standard Book Number). The research done with the ISBN code is preferable because it allows to define uniquely the issue even if, as often happens, the same book were also published several editions by different publishers. Select your book immediately on the screen all the information together with the image of the cover and reviews: both the official by the publisher and those of other users aNobii who read the same book, have left the site. It is because one of the most interesting features of aNobii is to be able to judge by a vote (from 1 to 5) or more widely with a review of the books that are read. The lucky ones: the owners like me an iphone or suborder of a smartphone using Android as the operating system may instead, once you download the free application, use your phone as a barcode reader ISBN books. The application is very easy to use, is part of the barcode with your camera phone, a beep warns the future recognition of the code and in un tempo sorprendentemente veloce l'immagine della copertina e tutte le informazioni sul libro, recensioni comprese, appariranno per incanto sullo schermo del telefonino. Comunque, in un modo o nell'altro, una volta che si è trovato il libro che si cercava si potrà decidere se inserirlo nella propria libreria virtuale su web o nella lista dei desideri: libri che ancora non si possiedono ma si vorrebbe possedere. Una possibilità quest'ultima da non sottovalutare. Quante volte vi è capitato che un amico vi abbia consigliato un libro ma poi quando siete in libreria non vi ricordate il titolo e l'autore e il vostro amico risulta non raggiungibile al telefonino? Con anobii invece quando un amico vi mostra un libro consigliandovelo, voi in un attimo ne scanned with a mobile phone the ISBN bar code and put it in a moment in your wish list.

After you place a book you can optionally enter a good deal of information. First, if the book has yet to be read or if you have already read (but if you read or if you are abandoned, and who has not left a book at least once in his life?). And then once the book has been listed as a bed can make the judgments we mentioned before, the dates of beginning and end of reading, where he picked up the book: if there has been provided, if you got in the library or if it is bought and a whole series of subsequent reports (eg in that city and in which store you purchased it, etc..) that I will not dwell further.

Finally there is the ability to manage exchange activities between friends aNobii books. Although I know that somebody you should not be lent books EVER, I do not have the same opinion and the books and soon will also gladly (though only to a small circle of old friends), so I'll have a way to keep memory of the loans made.

Now many of you gloating to the idea of \u200b\u200bbeing able to very easily create an electronic archive of the library. Among other things, the site offers the ability to export your library formats . Xls (Excel) so that once I have my lovely spreadsheet containing all my books I can easily add fields containing the physical location of the book in the library (physical, not the virtual one, this time): identification of sequence number within the shelf and shelf for example. To me in my life that I never collected anything, not even foreign coins or stamps as a child, I am interested rather than having a tool that helps me when I'm in a bookstore to buy books, to know in real time whether the novel by Camilleri I already have it or not, or that allow me to check the wish list and buy so that I had already intended to comprare ma che puntualmente mi era passato di mente.

Bene, questa era la marchetta. Veniamo ora a qualche precisazione e considerazione a più largo respiro. A meno che non possediate una libreria antica difficilmente il nemico dei vostri libri sarà l' anobium punctatum . Più facilmente l'animaletto che fa scempio dei vostri libri sarà il comune pesciolino d'argento: nome scientifico lepisma saccharina . Il simpatico animaletto prende infatti il nome dalla sua predilezione alimentare per la saccarina e i polisaccaridi in genere. E ahimè a base di polisaccaridi sono fatte le colle con cui sono rilegati i libri e rivestimenti delle copertine cartonate di alcuni di essi. I pesciolini d'argento I share the house have a passion for issues of Sellerio Camilleri but not averse issues of Adelphi pastel color ...

read on these insects (because I document before writing my post!) I also learned that the average life of a silverfish can reach eight years. Yes, you read that right: eight years. Do not know about you but I know that there are in the house of my roommates almost as much time as me, leave me thrilled. The next time you crush it with a shoe I will think about at least one second. Another interesting piece of news about them is that you can attract as bait in traps using grated potato starch which is Indeed polysaccharides. Seeing is believing ...

considerations can be made with regard to privacy issues related to a site like this. It 's true that you can choose what to make visible to others (me for example the complete works of the Marquis De Sade, I was kept confidential) but surely the site will sell the information about my library, where and how I bought my books, how long it took to read, what I spend on books in a year, etc.. in anonymous aggregate form to companies that do marketing research. And until there's nothing wrong! The problem is that the analysis of the list of books that each of us possesses, you can also get a lot of information personal. For example, to what concerns me, given the large number of books I own Eco, Pennac, Starnone and Serra do not take a genius of psychology and marketing to understand that I have the drawer full of cashmere. Or what if instead, one who has not missed a single book for sale or Forattini, are easily a potential user of the thin and sharp satire of Bagaglino or journalism or TG4.

So look what you enter, knowingly or unknowingly in the network.

eye but also not to draw hasty conclusions from the list of books of a person. Could be misleading. Did you know that Berlusconi has published (not as Mondadori or Einaudi but even as Berlusconi Books) Engels and Marx's Capital? And you know that Berlusconi has always published its publisher homonymous works of Thomas More and Erasmus of Rotterdam? Although maybe this last case he maybe misunderstood ("I knew orgasm from Rotterdam, Jeez!"). So how could it be the result of his misunderstanding of his will always fill "potato" his residences. He's just trying to protect his cover books that form the backdrop to his speech to the nation, from the fearsome fish of gold, but he misunderstood ... Naughty!


PS Who is Luke? Scroll down the page and find out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment