Friday, October 1, 2010

Erection During Brazilian Wax




Questa estate sono stato in India, in realtà sarei dovuto andare in Ladakh ma poi c’è stata l’alluvione… ma questa è un’altra storia, e come consuetudine di questo blog avrei dovuto già da tempo postare qualcosa su questo viaggio. Anzi sono sicuro che vi sarete chiesti i motivi del mio colpevole ritardo nello scrivere dell’India.

Le ragioni di questo mio ritardo sono semplici. La prima, mi spiace doverlo ammettere ma apprezzerete la mia onestà nel farlo, è la pigrizia. Ma effettivamente non è questa la ragione principale o per lo meno non la sola. Non ho scritto subito dell’India semplicemente perché nonostante le tre settimane trascorse laggiù, io l’India non l’ho capita! Oh yes I have tried to integrate myself in the customs and traditions of the place, as can be seen from the picture.

Yet when he returned to Rome, I have tried to document, to read the experiences of people like me but certainly with a greater capacity for analysis and greater authority, did the same trip, seeing the same people, the same religions, the same habits, the same cultures, the same vibrant colors, smells the same, or more often smells, the same misery and the same richness and above all the same looks. But they, too, and I speak of Moravia and Pasolini, denounced in the writings of their difficulty, if not impossible for a European to understand the concept of Indian life in all its many facets and contradictions.

So relieved that my difficulties in understanding are not alone but in respectable company, I decided to write the little that I think I understand India and above all my personal impressions than ever as this year, I warn you, will be inconclusive. Without this sort of outing I have only just beginning, but I find it hard to choose where to begin. I was then reminded of what I wrote about Sammy on facebook India. Sammy is a friend of mine, fellow traveler in Mexico, Belize and Tanzania that has been in India a few times. Like a good Milan goes straight to the point of things not miss too many frills and made me share my puzzlement wrote: "India is a good beginning punch in the stomach, but then a little 'is the digest! I do not think you can understand it instead. "

Here India is just that!

In the next post I will try to go beyond this summary very telling that most impressed me in India, and moved more than once dismay.

soon.

for specifying PS: I know that the Ladakh in India. But it is in Tibet: India a country other than the classic (the one in Delhi and Varanasi to speak) that I visited.

0 comments:

Post a Comment